THE ADORABLE JEWELS THROUGHOUT THE AGES
- Pearls have been known to mankind since the beginning of civilization. They were considered as one of the most valuable and to this day are still highly esteemed as gems for their beauty and splendor.
- The Sumerians of Mesopotamia and the Babylonians, the Egyptian Kingdoms, the Persian and the Chinese draped themselves with either pearl or mother of pearl jewelry since 3000 BC.
- A fragment of the oldest known pearl jewelry, found in the sarcophagus of a Persian princess who died in 520 BC, is displayed in the Louvre Museum in Paris.
- In the Americas, both the Incas and Aztecs prized pearls for their beauty and magical powers.
- The Romans prized pearls as the ultimate gems and turned pearls into many kinds of decorative accessories. During the classical Roman period, only persons above a certain rank were allowed to wear pearl jewelry.
- In the West, most European countries in the thirteenth and fourteenth centuries had laws regarding who could and could not wear pearls. Teachers and lawyers, for example, could not wear fringes or chains with pearls. For quite a long time in history, pearl was a symbol of power and wealth.
- Emperor Napoleon Bonaparte and his wife Josephine’s preference to pearls induced a growing demand for this natural gem.
- Pearls have been considered ideal wedding gifts because they symbolize purity and innocence. In the Hindu religion, the presentation of an un-drilled pearl and its piercing has become part of the marriage ceremony.
- Pearls display the qualities of elegance, purity and perfection.
- As such, this natural gem has been taken as symbols for many supreme ideas.
- To the ancients, pearls were a symbol of soft powers.
- People have also attached different meanings to various colors of pearl.
- White pearls have been perceived as the symbol of purity.
- Rose and pink pearls symbolize love.
- Wealth is symbolized through golden pearls.
- Pearls with peacock green color symbolizes romance.
- Sapphire blue pearls were taken as the symbol of eternity.
- While black pearls symbolize dignity.
For Questions and answer you can contact & chat with us on:
- Phone : +6287865026222
- Facebook Massager click below :
- Twitter : @abdurrachim
- WhatsApp : +6287865026222
- Email to: email@example.com
- Telegram id : mutiarapearl
- LINE id : chatinmyline
- wechat id: chatwechat
We send your parcel via FedEx