I would like tahitian pearl experts opinion
About the pearls that I’m posting photographs here. Photographs are made by the vender. I got those pearls today and they do look like on those photos. Four strands, two multicolor drops, two dim peacock. All strands made of pearls 8mm to 10.5 to 10.9mm in distance across.
For a long while I needed some of those exceptionally glossy, extremely smooth Tahitian pearls. Round ones that I respected on PP or TPO locales were out of my price range, so I began to look for baroques. I saw that pearls 8-10mm have a tendency to have more color, more luster than greater ones ?.
I don’t see any imprints, scratches, pits or discolorations on any of those pearls. Some have a few rings, however relatively few? I plan to make a rope out of those strands. What do you think ?? I needed AAA ( on PP scale) pearls. Did I get it ??
Hello there Ivona, You are so right! I just clicked over and investigated this scale- – sorry the graph did not duplicate entirely as appeared.
Cultured Tahitian Pearl Grading
Tahitian pearl grading gauges put forward by GIE Perles de Tahiti, and the Ministere de la Perliculture of Tahiti; the administrative associations of French Polynesia devoted to the advancement and direction of Tahitian pearls, and buyer assurance.
It would be ideal if you note, we do not subscribe to pointless grades, for example, AAA+ and AAAA. These are not industry acknowledged grades.
A-D (Tahitian) Grading An AAA Grading – Grading Description and Criteria
Top Gem = Gem Grade Flawless pearl with fabulous luster = Pearl shows no incorporations or flaws preceding setting or penetrating
A = AAA Flawless on no less than 90% of pearl’s surface
- Just 10% of pearl’s surface may show slight, concentrated blemishes
- Just a solitary profound incorporation admissible
- Pearl ought to penetrate or set clean to for all intents and purposes clean
- Luster is high
A/B = AA+ Flawless on no less than 80% of pearl’s surface
- Just 20% of pearl’s surface may display slight, concentrated blemishes
- One and only or two profound incorporations suitable
- Pearl ought to bore or set clean to almost spotless
- Luster is high to high
B = AA Flawless on no less than 70% of pearl’s surface
- Just 30% of pearl’s surface may display slight, concentrated defects
- Stand out or two profound considerations reasonable
- Pearl ought to bore or set about clean
- Luster is high to high
C = A+ Flawless on no less than 40% of pearl’s surface
- Up to 60% of pearl’s surface may display slight, concentrated defects
- Profound incorporations are constrained to 10% of pearl’s surface
- Luster is medium to high
D = A
- No less than 60% of pearl’s surface will show blemishes
- Profound incorporations and/or white spots inside considerations on up to 20% of pearl’s surface
- Luster is poor to high
- Not certain how the variety of color on one pearl is considered- – good thing I will take the pearl grading course one week from now!